In the last few decades, vinyl flooring has improved to the point of becoming one of the most popular flooring options. You can get it for the affordable price tag while ensuring its durability and style, among other things.
Compared with laminate, which is another suitable material used in households worldwide, you should know that they are perfect and more affordable than tile, stone, and hardwood.
Simultaneously, you can find the options that feature a similar appearance as natural materials while getting a more convenient choice, which is simple to maintain in the long run.
The advances in technology improved their designs, which means that you can ensure their longevity and durability compared with other flooring options.
Both laminate and vinyl come with a scratch and scuff-resistant coating to ensure the durability mentioned above.
At the same time, you can install it yourself without professional help, which is another crucial consideration to remember. Finding luxury vinyl flooring means you will get multiple layers of a durable clear coating to increase its longevity.
As a result, it can withstand both sunlight and heavy traffic without any additional problem. Finally, you can find numerous options, designs, and quality grades depending on your preferences and budget.
Differences Between Vinyl and Laminate Flooring
Laminate is a rigid and thick option compared with wood planks, and it features wood fibers. Therefore, you will get a more realistic appearance than other options. On the other hand, vinyl is great because it is resilient, cushioned, and soft surface.
It comes from flexible PVC plastic, which means it features significant water resistance. On the other hand, laminate cannot withstand water damage without affecting its appearance.
Both of them are durable materials that will stand the test of time. Still, vinyl is more durable because it is resistant to humidity and moisture.
When it comes to lifespan, you should know that they could last up to twenty years, depending on the quality of installation, flooring, and conditions.
Luxury vinyl often comes with fifteen years of warranty deal, which is longer than laminates that feature between five and ten years instead.
They are suitable for any room within your household; while vinyl is the better option, there are high humidity areas such as basements and attics.
Vinyl Flooring is Humidity Resistant
Since this particular material comes with significant resistance to water damage and excess humidity, you can place it in mudrooms, entryways, laundry rooms, basements, bathrooms, and kitchens.
They are prone to dirt, mud, snow, leaks, and spills, so it is simple to maintain them compared with other materials. If you have high humidity issues in your basement, we recommend getting this type of flooring for additional durability.
Even though it comes with humidity resistance, you should know that moisture could affect it in the long run. It is not a common problem, but it can happen if you do not install it properly.
The best way to learn more about this particular material is by clicking here for more info.
Therefore, we recommend you test your concrete slab for moisture, which will help you prevent potential issues before installing this type of material.
The installation issues by placing this particular flooring type on humid concrete mean that adhesive will feature mold, bumps, and seams.
It is imperative to start with installation by properly drying your floor. That way, you can prevent and protect it against surface humidity such as puddles, leaks, and other issues that may happen.
If you decide to get vinyl plank or tile flooring, it will be more susceptible to water damage because of seams between them. However, if you choose the sheet option, you can prevent seams and protect them along the way.
Therefore, if you do not have proper knowledge, we recommend you avoid doing it yourself. By finding professionals to install it, you will ensure its longevity and durability. A good installation will not create warps, dents, and you will get gouge, scratch, and scuff resistance.
Benefits of Vinyl Flooring
- Affordable Price Tag – We have mentioned above that this particular flooring option is one of the cheapest ones you can choose for your household. Of course, prices vary based on quality, thickness, pattern, and brand you decide to get. However, you can find numerous budget-friendly options that will stand the test of time.
- Numerous Finishes – Today, you can find different patterns and appearances that will provide you peace of mind. The most popular options resemble wood grain patterns, tiles, simulated stone, and many more. If you wish to get a luxury vinyl, you can obtain a realistic appearance you want to simulate without paying a hefty price along the way. This will give you a chance to get almost the same look as hardwood without challenging installation and maintenance.
- Resilient and Durable – It is vital to learn that this particular option comes with high resilience, which is essential while choosing the best flooring type for your household. Most of them feature wood plastic composite or WPC, which will provide you exceptional longevity. As a result, you will get an option prone to scratching and damage the same way as others. Of course, you should treat it properly to ensure its life expectancy.
- Simple to Maintain – Since most of them come with a protective coating, dirt, and stain resistance, you can rest assured and avoid expensive maintenance similar to natural hardwood. Therefore, cleanup is much easier than other types. You can wipe splashes and spills, mop it from time to time, and it will last for years after purchase.
As soon as you enter this guide: https://www.huffpost.com/entry/remove-scuff-marks-from-vinyl-flooring_n_2301501 you will learn how to remove scuff marks from vinyl flooring.
- Simple to Install – Compared with other options that require plenty of time for installation, you can rest assured and do it in a matter of hours with this particular one. Most of them come with plastic backs and adhesive, and you have to press them in a single place. It means that it is an excellent option for DIY installation, while you should find experts if you wish to prevent potential issues. Remember that you can rest assured with the proper installation process and use it for a few decades.